Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finally! My Lovely Home

After more than 20 hours flight (one and a half day including transit time), I had finally touched down at Penang International Airport (PEN) on 9.20am.
SoonThing (my cousin) come over to pick me up and the first thing to do after this was, of course, having my whole time favorite: Penang Char Koay Teow!

Typical Penang Kopitiam
I almost faint inside the kopitiam as it was very hot!!!and its hard to breath!!!

Milo Ais with Char Koay Teow (my all time favorite)

See how satisfied am I!!!


After this, we proceeded to our second stop: Red Box, Gurney Plaza!!!

I felt I was a bit outdated as I don't know what song to sing!
I felt a bit waste to sing old song in Red Box!
And I don't know any new song also!
So, SoonThing sang there most of the time!

We leave Penang Island at 2pm and headed back to Butterworth, the place I stay!

Our third stop, my future working place. I spent almost 2 hours there to walk around and chit chat with family and friends.

At 5pm, I was feeling very hungry. So, we headed to Old Town Kopitiam to have something to eat.

Ipoh Hor Fun and Ximut Milk Tea! NICE!

And after this long day, I have a chance to step in my lovely house finally.


What's my feeling of the day?

1) I was still confused with the traffic direction, and I always get into the wrong side of the car.

2) The traffic in Penang was very horrible!I kept asking my cousin to "drive slowly, I'm not rush!"

3) The weather here (82 Fahrenheit) was better than the Summer in Michigan, but still, its very hot! I kept turning the air-con to maximum while I was in the car, and my cousin was complaining that she was very cold! Once I reached home, I have my room's air-con switch to 16 degree celcius with maximum fans! Luckily, there was rain in the afternoon that makes the weather cooler!

4) Mosquitoes love me, I know! I was thinking to watch TV in my living room at the evening, but I cannot sit there peacefully as the stupid mosquitoes kept 'kissing' me! I have 4 love bites in 10 minutes!

5) Having maids at home were such a good thing! I don't have to carry my heavy luggages by my own; I can eat directly whenever I feel hungry; I don't need to wash dishes after using them; I don't have to clean up my room;.......and many more....

6) I kept thinking myself was still in Michigan, as when I msn with WeiLing and YngJiun (who are now in Malaysia), I thought that they have opposite time zone with me. At 8pm (M'sia time) I wanted to asked WeiLing, "why are you waking up so early?" and she scolded me "crazy"!

7) I thought I will be very desperate in having all Malaysian foods once I reached here. But things were out of my expectation as I don't really have appetite for foods on this day! Well, that should be fine as I'm still going to have a long time over here!

8) Finally I have all the familiar Penang accents around me! I'm not an alien anymore!haha...




Wish everything will run smoothly, especially in my new work environment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOooo I miss u edi =(
I hope we chance to meet up in M'sia k =)
honestly I miss Penang food the most hahha =P

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yesss! Today I talked to my penang relatives *they came over* and it was so funny. Seriously la they speak your accent. Hahaha BAG :P PEN :P

Oh and also they like to say HAO LIAO (Ho Liao in Hokkien). Do you always say that??

Soon Han said...

Bobo
don't worry, we will have chance to meet up 1 la.... come over to penang just 1 or 2 days also good!...hahahah, or I will go to KL

Wei Ling
Hahaha....told you lok...not my fault, thats culture problem!!haha...
i couldn't really remember did i always speak 'ho liao'... I think got kua~~~